Public Health Informatics Specialist
Summary: designs and implements health data systems that keep information secure, usable, and responsive to the user’s needs.
This is either a part-time or full-time position, based remotely. There will be the need to have flexibility to be able to join calls across various time-zones (from the Americas to East Asia).
About KnowTechTure LTD
KKT provides international non-profits with solutions to capture, process and analyse aggregated and client-level data for a variety of health interventions across the globe.
About this role
As a health informatics specialist you will develop and implement solutions used to improve health care at a global scale. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be in charge of the design process, negotiating requirements with clients, and coordinating implementation. You will also be responsible for the implementation of some parts of the solutions. We use different backends, including DHIS2, the preferred health management system in most sub-Saharan and Asian countries. We work directly with end-users in order to understand how the system is being used, and ensure best design.
You will work on features related to requirements gathering, metadata creation and management, development of analytical frameworks, as well as training of users. The role requires the passion and ability for finding innovative solutions to health problems.
What you’ll do
- Document user-flows and technical requirements using various tools: sketches, prototypes, visuals, diagrams, written documents.
- Design health solutions with consideration for the real-world requirements using DHIS2 and other platforms.
- Communicate and document solutions clearly and effectively. This includes training and support.
- Take ownership of your design process, following features and improvements from idea to implementation.
- Collaborate with engineering and implementation teams to understand the full scope of problems and their solutions.
We are looking for someone with
- Knowledge of health system design, setup, maintenance and use.
- Passion for building functional solutions that improve lives around the world.
- Several years professional experience designing real-world health digital applications. Must have a portfolio of actual implementations.
- Strong client-facing and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English – native level.
- French is a plus.
- Self-drive to produce work to be proud of.
Qualifications and skills
- A degree in health informatics or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying health applications.
- Strong knowledge of one or more Business Intelligence solutions*, ideally Power BI.
- Experience in the implementation of one or more health related technologies*, ideally DHIS2.
- Knowledge of Project Management and other tools to track technology project development and implementation.
*must be able to showcase a portfolio of work for one or more health projects.